Tuesday, October 27, 2015

What's YOUR Sign?




While working on the Youth Development Ideology, I learned so much about myself, not only as a person, but as a youth worker as well.  I am a juvenile justice concentration, so it is no surprise to me that I most connected with the Risk, Resiliency and Prevention category.  I have always wanted to be a juvenile defense attorney, so I believe these truly do  go hand-in-hand.   The idea that teens brains aren't fully functioned, is my biggest support for the reason I want to be a juvenile defense attorney.  Youth don't need jail, they need help.  

We need to be giving youth the resources and showing them how do things versus telling the.  I learned this at my job at the Y, the minute you say clean up, seems like everyone understands, however the'll keep until you actually step in and start to clean up for them to catch on.   Youth need to be guided, not just given the instructions.     






No comments:

Post a Comment